Before the war my father was a man of the people and helped out the community however he could. Because of that he rarely had enough time for me. He was a stranger to me. I did not really know anything about him. Then one day they took us away from everything we had.
The closest time we had ever spent was in those concentration camps of death. I hated those camps even-though they drove me closer to my father. We trusted each other in those months and we actually got to know each other more. He died though. I can still remember the days leading up to his death. He was in extreme agony all day and I could not do anything to help him.
I do not know how I was able to survive while my dad couldn't. I feel bad for that, he was a man that was loved by the whole community. He did not deserve this fate. But he is gone now, I will miss him and the rest of my family that didn't make it.
Good job. I think your last paragraph captures the difficulty Elie must have felt surviving without the rest of his family.
ReplyDelete10/10